Health and Safety Policy
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT:
Hailsham Bowling Club is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part, however the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern. The Health and Safety of all members and guests who use the Club facilities is a major concern of the Club. The Management Committee recognises that achieving and maintaining high standards of safety requires that the Club’s Management Committee, members, visitors and contractors are aware of and discharge their respective responsibilities. The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 requires all members, including contractors working on the Club premises, to conduct themselves in such a manner as to ensure that they pose no risk to their own or any other person’s health & safety
HEALTH & SAFETY - GENERAL POLICY:
To support our Health & Safety policy statement we are as far as is reasonably practicable committed to the following duties:
• To provide and maintain a safe place of work, safe systems of work, safe equipment and a healthy and safe working environment.
• To ensure that hazards are identified and regular assessments of risks are undertaken.
• To provide information, instruction and training as is necessary to ensure personnel are assured of a safe and healthy working environment.
• Promoting the awareness of health and safety and encouraging health and safety best practice throughout the club.
• To ensure we are taking the appropriate protective and preventative measures.
• To ensure that we have access to competent advice and are able to secure compliance with our statutory duties.
In order that we can achieve our objectives, and ensure our personnel recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work; we must ensure that they inform them of their duty to take reasonable care of themselves and others that may be affected by their activities.
Adopted by Club Management Committee 19th May 2015