Please see details on our New Members page regarding our Open/Recruitment day on 29 May.
We opened our green on 17 April. On a gloriously sunny day we had a total of 26 members bowl over 2 seesions, morning and afternoon. It was a bit chilly in the morning, but the weather was very kind tyo us. The green was in excellent condition, and all those who bowled seemed to enjoy being back on the green and bowling after the winter.
We are now hoping for a full season of fixtures and matches, competitions, and whilst we are still subject to some restrictions due to government regulations and Bowls England guidance, we should be able to enjoy a much better season than last year.
Club Update on start of season
The 17th April is almost upon us and we can be back to outdoor bowls once again. We hope to see many of you bowling again this season after the reduced bowling last year.
Things won’t be quite back to “normal” but will be the “new normal”. Based on Bowls England guidelines, we need to limit the number of bowlers at the club to 24, and not currently bowl on all 6 rinks simultaneously. So, for Saturday 17th April, we need to look at how we manage this as we have more than 24 members who may wish to join us. So, the committee have proposed that we have a morning session at 10.30 and an afternoon session at 2.00. We need to know who would prefer to come to the morning session and who would prefer to come to the afternoon session. Please let club captain Peter Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org know as soon as possible which session you would prefer to attend and whether or not you are available for the other session if we are oversubscribed on one of the sessions.
For the immediate future, until the government restrictions change, possibly on 17 May, and Bowls England update their guidance, the committee have decided the following.
- All matches (against other clubs or internal) will be limited to 4 triples maximum with bowling on 4 rinks. The committee feel that this gives sufficient space for social distancing which should be maintained as far as possible. If any match in the fixture list shows more than 4 triples (4 rinks or 5/6 Rinks or triples) they will be amended subject to the agreement of other club to 4 triples.
- A full list of fixtures will be in the fixture booklets which will be available to members on 17thApril. .
- As the number of players who can participate in matches will be limited to 12 (except internal matches where the limit is 24), we will arrange a regular “club” night on each Tuesday, starting on 4 May at 6.00pm. The bar will be open and up to 24 members can come along to bowl. If the Aubrey Crowe competition goes ahead then obviously that will take place on some Tuesday evenings.
- The Horam League has been cancelled again this year although the fixtures have been arranged. We will endeavour to agree with the other clubs that these matches are still played but as friendlies, based on 4 triples. One change from the fixture book is that our matches with Herstmonceux will now be played at home on 13th May and away on 23rd August.
- For casual roll ups, we will operate the same system as we had last season, with members needing to book a rink and time. That will be managed in the short term by club captain Peter Baker. Members should not attend the club or play unless for an organised event or they have a booked rink.
- Until further notice, the clubhouse and changing rooms are closed, and members should not use the clubhouse to make tea/coffee or for any other purpose. The toilets will be available.
- Sanitising equipment before and after playing will be required as last season.
- Tea/coffee will be offered after matches against other clubs, to be taken outside. The bar will be open after matches and for all roll-ups, etc.
- Normal green fees will be charged for all matches as usual, i.e. £2.00 per game.
If you have any queries about the arrangements for the start of the season, please speak to club captain, Peter Baker. These arrangements will be reviewed and amended as appropriate as government regulations and Bowls England guidelines are changed.
Finally we have been advised that one of our fixture book sponsors, Intersport in Seaford, have a sale with up to 50% off their stock. Please support them as they support us.